Shark Angling Club of Great Britain
2016 Annual Dinner and Trophy Presentation Night
Saturday 22nd October 2016 – 7.30pm – Portbyhan Hotel, West Looe
Don’t forget to contact us to book your tickets now!!
Members can now log into the members area to view the menu and to make their choices for the evening
The Club was founded in Looe, Cornwall over 60 years ago bringing together some of the most passionate game anglers in the U.K. and overseas in one of the most exclusive clubs in Europe, if not worldwide.
We have no waiting list, no recommendation, no preferential status. There is only one way to join: we simply require that you have caught, unaided, a shark of no less than 75 lbs (34.1 kgs) whilst fishing from a port in the U.K. You can learn more about ‘qualifying’ in our membership section.
The aims of the Club are:
- To promote the sport of shark angling
- To promote the conservation of sharks
- To be regarded as the central authority for shark angling in the U.K.
- To maintain and publish annually records of members’ notable shark catches
- To promote social contacts between members